Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Terran One To Aid A Rebellion Excerpt

All Work is copyright by Terriel 2010

(Why steal it when you'll never be able to duplicate it.)


“I’m not trying to weasel myself into your relationship. I’m not like Ami. I only like men and I really like Jas,” Rebeka said quietly. “I know that he’s your second prince, Tere. Ian explained everything. I know that Jas would never be able to marry again, but that he could have a mistress as long as the first prince approved.” Tere stared at her. She didn’t say anything. “I wouldn’t break his heart and I understand that he’ll still want you and have that desire. I understand that Jas has a tendency to say your name in passion. It wouldn’t bother me. I was a prisoner to the Saadark for two years until the Terrans freed me." Tere turned toward Sev when her tears started to fall.

“You’ll have to forgive my wife. She gets emotional when that topic comes up. She was also used by the Saadark and others for the first six months she was a mercenary for our father,” Sev said. “She was sold by my father to Alaric Adron who set her free. She worked with Captain Andrews as his partner and became a daughter to him.”

Tere finally spoke. She glared at Rebeka with a menacing look in her eyes and slapped her hard. Rebeka cried. Jas held her. “Don’t ever say anything against Ami again,” she shouted angrily at Rebeka. “Ami is one of my best friends and Jas would have been better off with her than a koocha.”

Sev grabbed Tere’s arm so she couldn’t hit Rebeka again. She pulled away from him and slapped him. He grabbed her arm tight. “Don’t ever hit me again, princess,” he commanded.

“Go to hell, Sev. You’re as bad as your lying ass of a brother,” Tere said angrily. She stared at Jas. “I don’t like liars. I’d never lie to anyone. I don’t understand it, but I guess that you have needs that even the Kensington koocha can’t fulfill. Sev’s the first prince. He’s the boss and whatever he says goes. I’m under obligation to listen to him in the home and though I don’t like it, there’s no point in arguing with him because frankly, I don’t want to be bloodied again.” Sev shook his head no. She didn’t care.

“I don’t want to be released,” Jas said calmly. “Rebeka is happy just living with us in my suite, helping take care of the babies when they’re ready, and taking care of my needs.”

“Get this right, Jas. Rebeka will never touch my babies. I’d like to know which of your needs aren’t being fulfilled by me,” Tere said angrily.

“None except for the fact that I need a woman in my bed every night alone and Sev wants his wife in his bed alone,” Jas said.

“I guess you both get your wish. You’ll no longer be allowed in my bed,” Tere said in a cold, calculating manner. “I won’t allow it and Sev knows it. You are nothing to me now. I don’t like being lied to. You know that. Damn, you’ve known me well for five and a half damned years. I’m not a koocha. I wish I could take the baby back, but I can’t. He’s a Prince of Emanai which means that he’s mine,” she added. She left the sitting room and went into the bedroom. She put on her mercenary gear and her pistol, left the suite, and headed toward the elevator. She saw Ami in the hallway. Ami was heading to the captain’s suite to see if she could help the situation. She kissed Tere on the cheek.

“Tere, are you okay?” she asked.

“I need to kill something, Ami. Why couldn’t he have picked you? I love you,” Tere replied quietly.

Ami smiled at Tere and hugged her. “Do you want me to talk to them?” she asked.

“It won’t do any good because Sev thinks I should just put up with it and be happy about it. I feel like all I am is a damned body. I should have listened to my heart and sworn Sev off when he brought Jas home. I was such an idiot. I wish I didn’t say no to Alaric,” Tere said. She started to cry. “I can’t take any of it back, but I want to. I should have married Alaric when he said he’d get rid of Jal for me. I should have made Sev find a docile woman to marry instead of being so damned in love with him that I couldn’t resist him,” she shouted. Oln walked into the hallway, put his arms around his friend, and hugged her. Sev walked into the hall and dragged Tere by the arm back into their suite. Tere glared at Jas, pulled away from Sev, and walked into their bedroom.

“Don’t worry. I’ll take care of her,” Sev told Jas and Rebeka. “It’s settled. Jas, you’re released. You know the rules of the true prince. You can have a relationship with Rebeka, but you must wait. She can move into your suite after your time is up. Don’t violate the rules. Rebeka, are you okay?” he asked. Rebeka nodded and smiled.

“The engineers have already moved the furniture up from storage. I thought I’d sleep there tonight,” Jas said quietly.

“Agreed,” Sev replied. “Rebeka, do you have stuff that needs to be moved here from Terran? You’d better use the pass-through, Jas, because I’m afraid that Tere will be brutal if she has to see either of you. She’s a mercenary and will always be one.”

Rebeka smiled. “I brought the only things I own with me. I was just freed a month ago,” she said. She started to cry. “When I was with the Saadark, they spoke of a dark mercenary who killed many of them who used her. It was several years ago.”

“It was a five and a half years ago. Tere had just come from Emanai,” Sev replied. “She’ll have to come around because she has a child with Jas in the incubator. I’ll talk to her. I’m the only one who can handle her when she gets like this.”

“They used every part of me,” Rebeka said.

Jas kissed Rebeka. “Let’s go, Rebeka,” he said, taking her arm.

“We leave on the transport tomorrow at 1200 hours,” Sev said. “Why don’t you both come with us? It will give us a chance to know Rebeka better and will give Tere a chance to heal a bit more.” Rebeka smiled and nodded. Jas smiled and hugged his brother. Sev said goodnight and watched as they headed through the pass-through together.

No comments: